Valladolid Street Guide based on ESRI ArcGIS Server & Silverlight Technologies
The Council of Valladolid is the institution in charge of the government of this Spanish city and municipality, capital of the homonymous province, and seat of the Autonomous Community of Castilla y León Parliament. According to the information of the 2011 Census, it counts with 313.437 inhabitants, being the 13th most populated municipality of Spain and the first one in the whole Spanish northwest. In the other side, the city metropolitan area, conformed by 23 municipalities, is the 20th of Spain, with a population of 413.605 inhabitants (INE 2011).
- To replace the former municipal street guide application, in order to obtain a Web that meets the requirements of demanded, both by the Council and the Citizens: level of service, accessibility, response time, ease of use, etc.
- To improve the perception that final users have, guaranteeing the usability and access to the information that makes up the municipal street guide, within the New Municipal Web.
Solution offered by COTESA
- To develop a new Municipal Street Guide Web application, with a high degree of usability and accessibility, by using the ESRI ArcGIS Server 10 infrastructure available in the Town Hall of Valladolid.
- It allows the publication of the cartographic information (streets, points of interest, blocks ortophotos, etc.) available in the municipality.
- It offers an intuitive and simple interface.
- It is accessible from the corporate municipal Web.
It includes functions of:
- Zoom (+,-), displacement over the map.
- Element Identification.
- Searches (addresses, services and neighborhoods)
- Event Visualization.
- e-mail to the Council.
The system guarantees an optimum response time by caching information.